Prices and Dates
Course ref: 7449
Location: Lima, Peru
Min Age: 18
Maximum Class Size: 12
Exam Board Fee Included:
Class Times: Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm
There are many options for accommodation in Lima including hostels, hotels and apartments. We can offer assistance in this area.
School Details - Lima
We provide a range of English language courses for individuals and companies and are the only school in Peru approved to teach the Cambridge CELTA, the world's most recognized initial qualification for teaching English as a foreign language.
CELTA stands for Certificate of English Language Teaching to Adults and is the industry standard English language teaching certificate. It is accepted by employers worldwide and is accredited and externally moderated by Cambridge English, part of the University of Cambridge. The CELTA is the most recognised route into the English language teaching profession for people with little or no experience of teaching English as a foreign language.
What a CELTA gives you:
- 120 hours of contact time with internationally experienced and Cambridge English-approved trainers
- 6 hours of assessed teaching practice experience
- 6 hours of observations of experienced English language teaching (ELT) professionals
- Assisted lesson planning support, constructive feedback on the lessons that you teach and tutorial support
- Participation in highly practical input sessions focused on all aspects of teaching English as a second language
The course enables you to:
- Acquire essential subject knowledge and familiarity with the principles of effective teaching
- Acquire a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners
- Demonstrate your ability to apply your learning in a real teaching context
- Successfully begin working in a variety of teaching English language teaching (ELT) contexts around the world upon course completion
The syllabus consists of five units of learning that deal with specific topic areas in the teaching of ESOL.
Unit 1 Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
Unit 2 Language analysis and awareness
Unit 3 Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
Unit 4 Planning and resources
Unit 5 Developing teaching skills and professionalism
Monday to Friday from 9 am to 6 pm
Help for Jobs
We run a job search session during the course and offer help in this area.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.