Prices and Dates
Course ref: 7280
Course Type: Cambridge CELTA
Location: Springfield, United States
Min Age: 18
Maximum Class Size: 12
Class Times: 9:00 - 5:00 Monday-Thursday
Please note the courses in February and July are over 5 weeks:
February 6 - March 9, 2017
July 17 - August 17, 2017
School Details - Springfield
The CELTA course is located on the campus of a large public university in Springfield, Missouri. The location on campus allows trainees to take advantage of many resources and facilities other programs cannot provide, including: state of the art library, abundant computer labs, and a world class fitness center.
Springfield is known for its big-city attractions and small-town charm. Also known as the "Queen City" of the Ozarks, Springfield acts as a central shopping and entertainment hub for the smaller surrounding communities..
Springfield is a three hour drive away from Kansas City and three and a half hour drive from St. Louis. The Springfield-Branson National Airport is also located within the city and offers flights to destinations across the country.
The CELTA is the most widely recognized ESL teacher training course in the world and provides trainees with practical skills to teach students from all over the world, at any level.
This course enables trainees to:
- aquire essential knowledge and familiarity with the principles of effective language teaching
- build a range of practical skills for teaching Englsh to adult learners
- demonstrate their ability to apply their learning in a real teaching context
This is achieved through:
- daily workshops on topics like classroom management, lesson planning, teaching skills, teaching language, error correction techniques, etc.
- 6 hours of supervised practice teaching sessions with real learners of English
- 6 hours of observation of experienced teachers
- feedback sessions, led by CELTA trainers, on all teaching practice lessons
- 4 written assignments to solidify concepts learned in workshops and in teaching practice
As the only 5-week CELTA course in the U.S., the course offers trainees the following benefits:
- more time to process what is being learned
- more time to ask questions and interact with the trainers and other trainees
- 3-day weekends to dedicate to making teaching plans and working on assignments
- more time with the students during supervised teaching practice
Guest housing on the campus of the university:
$30/day for a queen room
Room in a private residence:
$700 for the 5 weeks
Extended stay hotels in the area:
from $25 and up per day
9:00 - 5:00 Monday-Thursday
Help for Jobs
The course includes two workshops that focus on resume building and job hunting. In addition, the trainers share with trainees their experiences searching for and finding work teaching English abroad.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.
Map of Springfield, United States