Mexico City Coapa
Prices and Dates
Course ref: 7279
Course Type: Cambridge CELTA
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Min Age: 18
Maximum Class Size: 12
Class Times: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5pm
- The school is located in a safe area and with easy access to public transportation.
- There student residence is in walking distance of the school.
- 10% discount in any Spanish course + two free nights in the student residence for CELTA trainees.
School Details - Mexico City Coapa
The school is located in the South of Mexico City. In this part of the city there are four main and very attractive neighbourhoods: Tlalpan, Coyacan, San Angel and Xochimilco.
CELTA Sessions are Monday-Friday so, at the weekend you will have opportunity to visit interesting places in these neighbourhoods. For example, you can visit Frida Kahlo's house in Coyoacan or celebrate 'Dia de muertos' in November in San Angel.
Near the schools there are shopping malls where you can go to the cinema, go eating and do some shopping.
There is internet access at the school and in every classroom. Each classroom has a computer and a screen where candidates and teachers can display visual aids, play videos and listening to tracks.
There is a coffee shop where you can get snacks and Mexican food and an area where trainees can relax.
CELTA trainees have access to a copier and printer machine.
The CELTA program covers the syllabus set by Cambridge ESOL.
The course enables candidates to:
- Acquire essential subject knowledge and familiarity with the principles of effective teaching
- Acquire a range of practical skills for teaching English to adult learners
- Demonstrate their ability to apply their learning in a real teaching context
- Candidates who complete the course successfully can begin working in a variety of teaching contexts around the world. (from the Cambridge ESOL CELTA Syllabus Guidelines)
- Learners and teachers and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism
Components of the course:
- 6 hours of observed and assessed teaching practice for each trainee
- Feedback on teaching practice
- Supervised lesson planning
- Tutorial support and assistance
- Peer observation
- 6 hours observation of experienced language teachers at The Learning & Teaching Studio.
8:45-10:00am Input Session1
10:15-11:30am Input Session 2
12:45-2:45pm Teaching Practice Feedback & Guided Lesson planning
3:00-5:00pm Teaching Practice
The CELTA program is an intensive full-time 4-week program. In addition to the time spent in the school, trainees will spend a lot of their evenings and weekends working on lesson planning and the written assignments.
The residence is located very near the school, in a very quiet street / neighbourhood - only a 10-minute walk from the school.
The residence is entirely self-catering, which means that no meals are provided. You can use the fully-equipped kitchen at the residence.
At the residence you will:
- Have your own individual bedroom
- Have sheets and towels
- Use of the kitchen and living room
- Cleaning and change of bed linen once a week
- Keys, so that you can come and go as you please
Price for course and accommodation is 2,500 USD.
Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5pm
Help for Jobs
It is easy for a CELTA graduate to get a job in Mexico. There are many schools and four universities where CELTA graduates can teach at the university language centre. Our centre is in contact with English schools in the area and schools pass on vacancies to them.
There is a job hunting session towards the end of the course. In this session we talk about how they can get a job abroad and in Mexico. Trainees are given a reference letter at the end of the course.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.
Map of Mexico City, Mexico