School Details - Nottingham Clarendon Park
The training centre is within walking distance of Nottingham city centre and accessible on many of the bus routes. The centre has modern and bright classrooms in addition to:
- Computer suite with language software
- Free internet for students
- Wi-Fi wireless internet access
- Student lounge with TV and DVD facilities
- Language cafe with hot and cold refreshments
The teacher training team are all highly-qualified teaching professionals, with a wealth of experience both here in the UK and abroad. They have worked for many years on Certificate and Diploma level training courses, as well as the delivery of specialised training courses for a wide range of clients.
The Cambridge ESOL CELTA course is a four-week, full-time course which provides initial training in TEFL. The course includes a variety of input sessions on topics such as teaching methodology, language awareness and phonology, observation of experienced teachers and six hours' assessed teaching practice. Each course is assessed by a Cambridge ESOL assessor, on a one-day visit towards the end of the course.
- Learners and teachers, and the teaching and learning context
- Language analysis and awareness
- Language skills: reading, listening, speaking and writing
- Planning and resources for different teaching contexts
- Developing teaching skills and professionalism
To succeed, and be awarded the certificate, participants must have fulfilled all of the following conditions:
- attended the whole course
- taught six hours under supervision
- observed six hours' teaching by experienced teachers
- maintained and submitted a portfolio of all course work including all written assignments and materials related to teaching practice
- met the criteria in the two assessed course components - (a) planning & teaching, and (b) classroom-related written assignments
If required, the centre can arrange homestay accommodation, with breakfast and evening meal provided, or self-catering accommodation (subject to availability).
All accommodation is within easy travelling distance of the Training Centre and is inspected regularly to ensure that high standards are maintained. They can also arrange hotel or guesthouse accommodation, if preferred.
Monday to Friday 9.00 - 17.00 and includes six hours of observed teaching practice with English language students per course.
Really great school, teachers were so friendly and helpful. There was always a great atmosphere in the classrooms.
The school and trainers were excellent. They listened to our concerns and supported us through the 4 weeks. The course was very comprehensive.
The course was as intensive as expected, but the workload was actually not as bad as I thought! It was more covered than I imagined it would be. The course was professionally run. The tutors were very experienced and supportive. Other teachers at the language school also assisted with lesson preparation.
Help for Jobs
During the course, we run a careers workshop offering guidance on how to get that all-important first job in TEFL. Individuals are also offered assistance throughout the course, and we have developed links with recruitment agencies for worldwide employers, as well as being in close contact with organizations such as International House in Prague, for example. Our training staff have a wide range of experience in different countries and are able to give first-hand advice on job-seeking. We currently have a 100% success rate for course members going on to find employment in their chosen countries.
How to Apply
1. Choose the start date which interests you. If you’re still unsure, please choose an approximate date for now – you will be able to specify later.
2. Register your details with Cactus TEFL (1 minute) to help us track your application.
3. Download the application form and save it on your computer.
4. Complete it offline in your own time
5. Go back to www.cactustefl.com, sign in and submit your completed form.
You can also submit an application by email. We will explain how to do this on the application form. Please contact us if you have any problems with the application procedure.